The YWCA Hamilton Auction Volunteer, while providing assistance to the Philanthropy & Communications team, will seek, inventory and organize donated items to support our signature annual auction for the 2022 YWCA Hamilton Women of Distinction Awards. This position is perfect for those who are looking for a virtual opportunity and loves to track data! Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Auction Volunteer
TYPE: Virtual, opportunities may exist for in-person
DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy & Communications
TERM OF POSITION: Six (6) month commitment, October to April
TIME COMMITMENT: Weekly, Minimum: 1 hour, Maximum: 5 hours
AREAS OF INTEREST: Emailing, Tracking, Organizing, Philanthropy
ACCESSIBILITY: Fully accessible workplace
IDEAL FOR: Individuals, Youth
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS: COVID-19 Vaccination is required; either fully, or partially vaccinated with 30-day commitment to receive second dose. Volunteers will be required to show proof of vaccination status. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact volunteer position start date.
EQUIPMENT: Use of personal laptop required, must have access to internet and Microsoft Office/Google Suite
The successful volunteer will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, Two Spirit, LGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.ywcahamilton.org for more information
- · Update, and correspond with, a list of past, present and future auction-item donors, and request their continued support using the tools provided
- Track, inventory and acknowledge all gifts incoming and received on an tracking document, checking-in regularly with the Philanthropy Coordinator
- Provide a description, and photo of each incoming/received item
- Ensuring a positive donation experience for all those whom you interact wit
- Experience with Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel
- Basic mathematical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works best independently and has high initiative/ambition and, accountability
- Provide recent Police Check within six (6) months
- Provide copy of your Covid-19 vaccination(s)
- Inventory experience, an asset
- Knowledge of local Hamilton businesses, charities, and community groups, an asset
- Organized with ability to work in a timely manner, stay focused, and problem solve and prioritize, when required
- A long term commitment of six (6) months is required for this role. This position requires scheduling your check-ins between Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
- In-person opportunities are a possibility based on your availability towards February/March
- Training required: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours, Virtual role-specific training over Zoom – 1 hour