We are looking for a courteous Concession Stand Attendant/Cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The Concession Stand Attendant/Cashier will help and engage fans at Tim Horton’s Field during games and major events. A Stand Attendant will be expected to greet customers, retrieve products ordered, ensure prices and products are correct, accept payment and scan any type of reward card customers may have. You will act as a representative of YWCA Hamilton and follow the guidelines set by the YWCA Hamilton and Centerplate in order to maintain a safe Covid-19 friendly experience for all customers, fellow volunteers, and staff. Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Concession Stand Attendant/Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy & Communications
TERM OF POSITION: March, June – November
TIME COMMITMENT: At least 5 (8-12 hour) shifts in a year (from March to November) at Tim Horton’s Field; must be able to work flexible work schedule including weeknights, weekends, and holidays
AREAS OF INTEREST: Customer Service, Cashier, Sports
AGE CRITERIA: Must be 18 years of age or older
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS: All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Volunteers will be required to show proof of vaccination status at the Tim Horton’s Field. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact volunteer position start date.
PHYSICAL TASKS/ENVIRONMENT: Able to work in a fast-paced environment; Be able to reach, stand, bend, lift, and stoop for long periods of time
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, 2SLGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Please visit https://www.ywcahamilton.org/volunteer-with-us/ for more information.
- Greet customers in a friendly, pleasant and professional manner
- Take and retrieve orders, provide advice/recommendations to guests
- Operate point of sale system and scanners, handle debit or credit card transactions
- Perform opening and closing duties as the need arises
- Keep the area/workstation clean and organized, practice government safety measures
- Ensure work area and equipment is clean and organized at all times
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively perform the work
- At the end of the shift the cashier will help bring the stand back to the level of clean it was at the start of the shift
- If serving alcohol, ensure that all corporate, governmental and facility policies are being followed to ensure responsible alcohol service, also provide responsible alcohol service using Smart Serve principles and performs all tasks with safety as a top priority
- Assist with other tasks as they arise, taking direction from the stand lead/manager/volunteer coordinator
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid Smart Serve Certification or be willing to acquire one before starting the role. Certifications may be provided.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, and ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of fans
- Responsible, reliable and a positive attitude
- Previous POS (point of sale) system experience and comfortability using a cash register will be an asset
- Required to provide a police clearance and a proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer
- Police clearance
- A commitment of 5 shifts is required for this role
- Last-minute requests are a possibility based on your availability to cover those who are unwell (if you have a Smart Serve Certificate)
- Training required: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours, Virtual role-specific training over Zoom – 1 hour