Donate a Greatest need Item
Donate a Greatest Need Item
Thank you for being inspired to donate items of greatest need. Your donation will make a big difference. At this time, we can only accept items in new, unused condition.
Due to limited capacity at this time, please contact us before donating an item that isn’t on this list.
Inspired to Give
- Toys for children aged 2-12+
- Children’s hats and mittens (size 18 months to 4 years)
- Baby and children’s books
- Gift cards for formula, baby food, diapers, groceries
- Presto cards
- Family-friendly DVDs, board games, video games
To Women experiencing homelessness
- Cases of water
- Period products
- Personal use items – new socks, underwear, pyjamas (sizes XS through 3XL)
- Towels, umbrellas, winter boots, running shoes
- Shopping buggies
To people experiencing social isolation
- Board games
- Adult colouring books
- Large piece puzzles
- Markers, crayons, art supplies
- Kitchen supplies – coffee mugs, cutlery, baking sheets, frying pans
Our 5 Most Requested Items from Families in Need this Year are:
- Gift cards for groceries, coffee and tea, restaurants, household and family needs
- Cold weather items – hats, gloves, scarves, boots, hand warmers
- To-go snacks and microwaveable foods, cans that do not require an opener
- Period products and toiletries – pads, tampons, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, flip flops
- Toys for children holiday gifts
We appreciate all donations however kindly note that we are unable to accept toy guns, soft or plush toys, stuffed animals or soft covered/fabric books of any kind.
Looking to organize a campaign or project?
Here are some ideas!
- Package winter kits for women experiencing homelessness: IDEA – Resealable bag filled with water bottle, hand warmers, bus ticket, emergency blanket, protein bar, hat/mitts, gift card
- Hygiene packets for women in need: IDEA – Resealable bag (or beauty bag) filled with hotel sized shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap, loofah body mitt or hand towel, tampons/pads, hair comb/brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, sample packets of face wash
- Shopping buggy for residents that need extra mobility assistance – IDEA: wheeled shopping carts, filled with non-perishable food items and snacks, grocery gift cards
- Child friendly activity packs for kids – IDEA: resealable bag with fidget toy, colouring book, crayons, peanut free snack etc.
- Care hamper for moms – IDEA: gift bag filled with motivational message, treat for mom, gift card for diapers/formula etc.