Donate an Item
Most Urgently Needed Items
Clothing, Footwear & Outerwear
- *new* Socks of all sizes for adults aged 17 and older
- *new* Underwear in adult sizes XS through to 3XL
- *new* CHEST BINDERS and GENDER GEAR for trans and gender variant folks
- Gently loved or new PANTS sizes XS through to 3XL
- Gently loved or new Sweaters, hoodies and pullovers sizes XS through to 3XL
- Gently loved or new PAJAMAS sizes XS through to 3XL
- Gently loved or new wallets
- *new* Winter boots of all sizes
- *new* Running shoes of all sizes
- bus tickets
- $20 preloaded presto cards
- Preloaded SOBI Bicycle Cards
- Shopping buggies or small luggage on wheels
Housewares & Hygiene
- Hair conditioner and shampoo – Full-size and Mini
- Shoe-insoles and shoe-laces
- Hair ties, hair brushes, hair combs
- Hairspray, Hair Mousse, Dry Shampoo
- Face wipes and sanitary wipes
- Personal items (i.e. tooth brush/tooth paste, deodorant, lip balm etc.)
- Period products (i.e. tampons, pads, liners etc.)
- Gift cards for electrolysis or beauty treatments for trans women/femme
Toys & Games
- Wipeable board games
- Wooden/natural toys
- Wii/Xbox game system and/or games – 1 needed
- Dolls of all sizes, genders, cultures
- Craft supplies (canvas, paints, construction paper, crayons, markers, pencil crayons, chalk, glue, scrapbooking)
- We are unable to accept:
- USED child or infant items
- Stuffed toys or plush items for children
- USED underwear, socks or bedsheets
- USED hygiene items
Please note that we are no longer accepting items at YWCA Hamilton unless they have been pre-approved. Should your donation be accepted, you will receive drop off instructions on how to get your items to YWCA Hamilton.
Looking to organize a campaign or project?
Here are some ideas!
- Host a sock and underwear drive! Socks and underwear are the first things that you run out of when you’re experiencing homelessness. YWCA Hamilton requires 36,000 pairs of socks and underwear every year to meet our needs.
- Host a hair product fundraiser and collect items for folks with different hair needs. IDEA: Ask your friends to bring a bottle of Conditioner or Shampoo to your next party and donate it to YWCA Hamilton
- Single parents are having a tough time during the pandemic! Send a care hamper to someone who might need a check-in – IDEA: gift bag filled with motivational message, treat for mom, gift card for diapers/formula etc.
- Eid & Ramadan Care Packages – Help us send some Doua for folks in our programs who need some extra support in celebrating. IDEA: gift bag filled with gift cards, accessories, lights, decorations, various nuts (i.e. pistachios), dates, and other treats
- Things to do and distractions! Send us your craft supplies to help someone stay busy and create – IDEA: resealable bag with fidget toy, colouring book, crayons, peanut free snack etc.
The Call Back Program
Donate your device and keep women and families connected.
To help keep women safe and families connected, YWCA Hamilton has partnered with cell phone stores across Southern Ontario to accept used smartphones and tablets. Our partners will accept your donated device, wipe it and get it ready for a woman in need. After our partners have worked their magic, they will donate the device back to YWCA Hamilton to ensure that women can stay safe and connected.
Devices are accepted at the following partner locations:
1-1024 Upper Wentworth Street, Unit 1
Hamilton, ON L9A 4V9
5010 Pinedale Ave – Unit F4
Burlington ON, L7L 0G3
C3-295 Fourth Avenue, UNIT C3
St. Catherines, ON L2S 0E7
4-2200 Dundas St. E, UNIT 4
Mississauga,ON L4X 2V3
To donate your device, please visit a partner location listed above. Devices will be accepted in store and donors will be asked to complete a device donation form. The information provided will be available only to YWCA Hamilton to record and recognize your donation.