Donate an Item
Donate Our Most Urgently Needed Items
- Groceries and food stores gift cards
- Household and family needs stores gift cards
- Coffee & Tea gift cards
Clothing, Footwear & Outerwear
- Socks, underwear, winter boots for children aged 6-17 years old
- *new* Socks of all sizes for adults aged 17 and older
- *new* Underwear in adult sizes XS through to 3XL
- Winter boots of all sizes
- Running Shoes of all sizes
- Winter to-go kits: hand warmers, gloves, hats, water bottle
- bus tickets
- presto cards
Housewares & Hygiene
- Single-use laundry detergent
- Cleaning supplies: disinfectant, dish soap, garbage bags, clear storage bins
- Period products (i.e. tampons, pads, liners etc.)
- Personal items (i.e. tooth brush/tooth paste, hair brush, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner/body wash, manicure kits etc.)
- Insulated canisters for hot liquids
- Blankets of all kinds (i.e. knitted, new or close to new, emergency blankets etc.)
- Towels: bath towels, face towels, tea towels
- *new* single bed sheets
- *new* toaster, kettle, microwave
- To-go snacks and microwaveable foods, cans that do not require an opener
- High protein items (i.e. canned meat, protein bars etc.)
- Cases of bottled water
Toys & Games
- Wipeable board games
- Wooden/natural toys
- Wii/Xbox game system and/or games
- Family-friendly DVDs
- Dolls of all sizes, genders, cultures
- Craft supplies (canvas, paints, construction paper, crayons, markers, pencil crayons, chalk, glue, scrapbooking)
We appreciation all donations however kindly note that we are unable to accept toy guns, soft or plush toys, stuffed animals or soft covered/fabric books of any kind. We are also unable to accept any used baby/children’s items due to hygienic reasons.
Looking to organize a campaign or project?
Here are some ideas!
- Package winter kits for women experiencing homelessness: IDEA – Resealable bag filled with water bottle, hand warmers, bus ticket, emergency blanket, protein bar, hat/mitts, gift card
- Hygiene packets for women in need: IDEA – Resealable bag (or beauty bag) filled with hotel sized shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap, loofah body mitt or hand towel, tampons/pads, hair comb/brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, sample packets of face wash
- Shopping buggy for residents that need extra mobility assistance – IDEA: wheeled shopping carts, filled with non-perishable food items and snacks, grocery gift cards
- Child friendly activity packs for kids – IDEA: resealable bag with fidget toy, colouring book, crayons, peanut free snack etc.
- Care hamper for moms – IDEA: gift bag filled with motivational message, treat for mom, gift card for diapers/formula etc.
Visit our amazon wish list to have items shipped directly to YWCA Hamilton:
The Call Back Program
Donate your device and keep women and families connected.
To help keep women safe and families connected, YWCA Hamilton has partnered with cell phone stores across Southern Ontario to accept used smartphones and tablets. Our partners will accept your donated device, wipe it and get it ready for a woman in need. After our partners have worked their magic, they will donate the device back to YWCA Hamilton to ensure that women can stay safe and connected.
Devices are accepted at the following partner locations:
1-1024 Upper Wentworth Street, Unit 1
Hamilton, ON L9A 4V9
5010 Pinedale Ave – Unit F4
Burlington ON, L7L 0G3
C3-295 Fourth Avenue, UNIT C3
St. Catherines, ON L2S 0E7
4-2200 Dundas St. E, UNIT 4
Mississauga,ON L4X 2V3
To donate your device, please visit a partner location listed above. Devices will be accepted in store and donors will be asked to complete a device donation form. The information provided will be available only to YWCA Hamilton to record and recognize your donation.