The YWCA Hamilton Donation Driver Volunteer, while providing assistance to the Philanthropy & Communications team, will pick-up donated items from community members and businesses in designated communities across Hamilton and Halton and drop them off at YWCA Hamilton locations. Drivers are an important part of connecting our programs and services directly to our communities. Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Donation Driver
DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy & Communications
TERM OF POSITION: Six (6) month commitment
TIME COMMITMENT: Monthly; Minimum: 2 hours, Maximum 10+ hours
AREAS OF INTEREST: Community, Transportation, Philanthropy
ACCESSIBILITY: Fully accessible workplace and pick-up locations
IDEAL FOR: Individuals, Families, Retired transportation providers
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS: COVID-19 Vaccination is required; either fully, or partially vaccinated with 30-day commitment to receive second dose. Volunteers will be required to show proof of vaccination status. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact volunteer position start date.
TRAVEL: Use of personal vehicle required to travel to Hamilton/Halton, Valid ‘G’ license, Copy of driver abstract and Copy of insurance required
PHYSICAL TASKS: Lifting 20+lbs independently, multiple stops, repetitive lifting/pulling, driving ~50km daily
The successful volunteer will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, Two Spirit, LGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please visit www.ywcahamilton.org for more information
- Practice government safety measures and YWCA Hamilton pandemic training at various pick up locations throughout the City of Hamilton and Halton Region
- Pick up items using safe carrying/lifting techniques up to 20lbs and treat all donations with dignity and respect
- Complete mileage and donation tracking form electronically when job is completed, use of personal cell phone might be required
- Communicate to community members the importance of YWCA Hamilton programs and services, when required, and ensure a positive donor experience sharing thanks and appreciation always
- Valid ‘G’ License · Provide copy of your driver abstract
- Provide copy of your car insurance · Provide recent Police Check within six (6) months
- Provide copy of your Covid-19 vaccination(s)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Organized with ability to work in a timely manner and problem solve and prioritize, when required
- A long term commitment of six (6) months is required for this role. We are operational Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., weekend/evening work is rare but available
- 1-2 locations per week (most often on Mondays), schedule available monthly for you to choose the days/locations that work best for you!
- Last-minute requests are a possibility based on your availability
- Training required: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours, Virtual role-specific training over Zoom – 1 hour