The YWCA Hamilton Donation Processing Volunteer, while providing assistance to the Philanthropy & Communications team, will help staff with welcoming and assisting donors, receiving and tagging incoming donations, sorting donations into designated areas/bins, keeping an accurate in-kind donation log up-to-date, and replenish as needed. You will act as a representative of YWCA Hamilton and follow the guidelines set by YWCA Hamilton in order to maintain a safe Covid-19 friendly experience for all donors, residents, volunteers and staff. Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Donation Processing Volunteer
DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy & Communications
TERM OF POSITION: Minimum Six (6) month commitment
TIME COMMITMENT: 1-2 shifts/week; Monday through Friday between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, flexible work schedule
AREAS OF INTEREST: Community, Customer Service, Sorting, Sales
AGE: Minimum age of 16 or older
IDEAL FOR: Individuals
TRAINING REQUIRED: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours, Virtual role-specific training over Zoom – 1 hour
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS: COVID-19 Vaccination proof (fully vaccinated) is required. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact volunteer position start date.
PHYSICAL TASKS: Physically capable of lifting heavy objects/boxes up to 50 pounds; Ability to push, pull, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, reach, climb, and carry on a frequent basis.
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, Two Spirit, LGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, Indigenous, Black and racialized people, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Please visit www.ywcahamilton.org for more information
- Greet donors courteously, accept donations, and thank donors
- Ensure bins are fully stocked on all floors
- Sort donations by categories and replenish inventory in all donation closets
- Tracks/record Amazon deliveries as well as in-kind donation items
- Practice safety measures and a high standard of cleanliness and efficiency in the sorting/receiving area; Ensure safety of self as well as fellow volunteers; Report any hazards, serious concerns or issues to the supervisor
- Assist Philanthropy & Communications team with other tasks as they arise
- Maintain tidiness and organization in the work area
- Self-motivated; empathetic, outgoing, reliable, non-judgmental, and able to listen/follow instructions
- Able to work independently as well as with a variety of people; willing to take initiative; effectively multi-task and remain on task within a fast-paced environment
- Basic numeracy, literacy, measurement skills is an asset
- Required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer
- Provide recent Police Check within six (6) months at their own cost