The YWCA Hamilton Donation Room Organizer Volunteer, while providing assistance to the Philanthropy & Communications team, will organize, inventory and distribute donated items across all YWCA Hamilton locations to our service users. This position is perfect for those interested in home editing or organizing – sign up with your family member or close friend! All YWCA Hamilton donations are treated with respect in order to provide a dignified gift to someone in need. Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Donation Room Organizer
DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy & Communications
TERM OF POSITION: Six (6) month commitment
TIME COMMITMENT: Monthly; Minimum: 2 hours
AREAS OF INTEREST: Organizing, Cleaning, Sorting, Philanthropy
ACCESSIBILITY: Fully accessible workplace
IDEAL FOR: Individuals, Families, Those with lots of spare time
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS: COVID-19 Vaccination is required; either fully, or partially vaccinated with 30-day commitment to receive second dose. Volunteers will be required to show proof of vaccination status. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact volunteer position start date.
PHYSICAL TASKS: Lifting 20+lbs independently, repetitive motions including lifting/pulling, requires ability to access items on shelving units with or without assistance
The successful volunteer will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, Two Spirit, LGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please visit www.ywcahamilton.org for more information
- Practice government safety measures and YWCA Hamilton pandemic training across all departments located at YWCA Hamilton MacNab Street South
- Pick up items using safe carrying/lifting techniques up to 20lbs and treat all donations with dignity and respect
- Clean and store all donations in appropriate donation spaces, ensuring all donations are put where needs have been identified
- Complete inventory tracking form electronically daily, laptop will be provided
- Ensuring a positive donation experience for those who give and those who receive, following our equitable distribution guidelines
- Greeting specific donors and recognizing their gift with a photo, when required
- Experience with Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel
- Basic mathematical skills
- Inventory experience, an asset · Provide recent Police Check within six (6) months
- Provide copy of your Covid-19 vaccination(s)
- Excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Organized with ability to work in a timely manner, stay focused, and problem solve and prioritize, when required
- A long term commitment of six (6) months is required for this role. This position requires scheduling your commitment between Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – no evening or weekend work available
- 1-2 visits per month is encouraged
- Last-minute requests are a possibility based on your availability
- Training required: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours, Virtual role-specific training over Zoom – 1 hour