Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Ensures a high functioning executive office and supports the work of the CEO and Senior Leadership Team including supporting the Board of Directors to maximize the efficiency of the Leadership team. Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, composure and flexibility when faced with managing multiple conflicting priorities.
- Schedule and organize meetings and functions, assist in preparing agendas;
- Take meeting minutes as assigned and posts to the shared drive;
- Books boardrooms, office equipment, catering service as needed and organizes materials and supplies for meetings and functions;
- Compile, create, modify and generate statistical reports;
- Produce from rough notes or instructions a variety of materials including presentations, reports, minutes of meetings, invitations, and correspondence;
- Draft and proofread a range of internal and external correspondence on behalf of the CEO;
- Assist CEO with preparation for events, meetings, media, funder and other stakeholder engagements;
- Identifies and discusses non-routine and/or contentious items with CEO to discuss action required and relays instructions to appropriate area;
- Receive, review and prioritize incoming mail and email, referring materials to Directors for action as appropriate and following up on outstanding items;
- Receive visitors and phone calls from a variety of internal and external sources, handling routine matters on own initiative and referring others to CEO or appropriate business area;
- Administers confidential information for the agency, including highly sensitive personnel, political and/or labour relations information;
- Receives, compiles and produces a first draft of each CEO report to the Board and other documents as needed;
- Has responsibility for reporting calendar to board, ensuring timelines are met, documents prepared, etc.;
- Responsible for minute taking during Board meetings; producing post-meeting reports in a timely manner;
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values
- A diploma or degree in Administrative Studies, Business Administration, or equivalent education, training and experience;
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience of which at least 3 years have been spent in an Administrative role;
- Demonstrated understanding of executive administrative processes and procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented;
- Able to prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent professional deportment and able to maintain composure when managing multiple conflicting priorities for multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities; proactive in anticipating needs, potential problems and adept at mitigating risk;
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction;
- Self-directed, demonstrated ability to work effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance;
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive /anti-racist perspective;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset;
- Must provide a current Police Information Check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
YWork For Us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, aquatic, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
- June 29, 2020
- July 13, 2020
- 37.5 hrs/wk
- Hamilton, ON
- Central Administration
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.