Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
- Maintains and supervises a safe, neutral, child friendly environment for regularly scheduled visits/exchanges in the Family Access Centre and Access Alternatives Service;
- Creates a written record of factual observations during the visits and/or exchanges;
- Monitors the child participants at all times; intervenes when necessary in the visits/exchanges based on policy; escalating to the Shift Coordinator, Supervisor or Manager as required;
- Adheres to best practices manual as set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General policies;
- Maintains a clean and tidy work and visitation environment;
- Maintains high level of confidentiality when working with sensitive and personal client information;
- Completes all required trainings;
- Maintains effective working relationships with other departments connected to the Supervised Access Services;
- Nurtures and forms meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Works at the Family Access Center and Access Alternative Programming as required;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have a valid post-secondary education in Social Work, Sociology, Child and Youth or working toward the completion of post-secondary education in a related field or combination of related work and academic experience;
- Knowledge of Family Law, Child and Family Services Act, domestic violence and its impact on families;
- Must have experience working with challenging and sensitive situations;
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and organizational skills;
- Have and demonstrate good judgment; must maintain the highest level of confidentiality;
- Must be able to work various shifts including afternoons, evenings & weekends;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Experience in working in a diverse community and setting;
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset;
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive/anti-racist perspective;
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must provide a valid current Vulnerable Sector Police Check and current Emergency First Aid or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Attend and participate in mandatory training such as but not limited to WHMIS, Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI).
YWork For Us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, aquatic, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
Family Access Worker
- January 02, 2020
- 0-14 hrs/wk
Supervised Access Services
Manager, Supervised Access
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.