Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Provides daily Front Desk reception, customer service, security, and membership and program sales.
- Provides welcoming, connecting and supportive services to members, residents and customers at the front desk of the YWCA building/facility;
- Welcomes, greets and assists members, residents and customers’ inquiries both in person and on the telephone; accurately redirects member, resident or customer to other staff as required;
- Provides facility access control, and responds to member, resident and customer issues, needs and/or emergencies; escalates as required;
- Promotes and sells YWCA programs, providing program information and requirements to member or customer;
- Processes all new fitness and aquatic memberships sales (including activation of membership cards), member renewals, and cancellations;
- Manages all payment transactions, including balancing daily cash and float;
- Processes payments of permanent and temporary residents;
- Processes all computer registrations using ActiveNet;
- Monitors building security, escalating issues as required;
- Sorts and distributes mail for staff, residents and tenant groups;
- Manages keys for rooms booked by external rental groups and internal room bookings;
- Ensures confidentiality of all client and employee information;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values.
- Completion of 1-year college in office administration or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in customer service;
- Ability to bring a feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive perspective to day to day work and strategic planning;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work a schedule that includes all shifts including days, afternoons, evenings and weekends;
- Must have a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR certificate or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
YWork For Us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
Front Desk Receptionist (Relief)
- January 2020
- 0-14 hours per week
Supervisor, Front Desk
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.