YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
Provides daily Front Desk reception, customer service, security, and membership and program sales.
- Provides welcoming, connecting and supportive services to members, residents and customers at the front desk of the YWCA building/facility;
- Welcomes, greets and assists members, residents and customers’ inquiries both in person and on the telephone; accurately redirects member, resident or customer to other staff as required;
- Provides facility access control, and responds to member, resident and customer issues, needs and/or emergencies; escalates as required;
- Promotes and sells YWCA programs, providing program information and requirements to member or customer;
- Processes all new fitness and aquatic memberships sales (including activation of membership cards), member renewals, and cancellations;
- Manages all payment transactions, including balancing daily cash and float;
- Processes intake of permanent and temporary residents;
- Processes all computer registrations using ActiveNet;
- Monitors building security, escalating issues as required;
- Sorts and distributes mail for staff, residents and tenant groups;
- Manages keys for residence rooms, mail boxes and rental and/or user groups;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Equivalent to the completion of 1-year college in office administration;
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in customer service;
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Work from a feminist and anti-oppressive/anti-racist perspective
- Must provide a current Police Check or willingness to obtain at own time and cost
- Bilingual English / French or other languages are an asset
- Attend and participate in all YWCA Hamilton mandatory training
Front Desk Receptionist
- March 28, 2019
- 15 hours per week
Supervisor, Front Desk
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.