The YWCA Hamilton Front Desk Volunteer, while providing assistance to the Front Desk team, will welcome clients, volunteers, staff, and community members at the MacNab and Putman Family YWCA facilities. You will act as a representative of YWCA Hamilton and follow the guidelines set by YWCA Hamilton in order to maintain a safe Covid-19 friendly experience for all visitors, residents, volunteers, service recipients, and staff. Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Volunteer
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
TERM OF POSITION: On an as needed basis
TIME COMMITMENT: 1-6 hours/week; 1-2 shifts/month; between 9 AM to 9 PM; flexible work schedule
AREAS OF INTEREST: Community, Customer Service, Sales
IDEAL FOR: Individuals
AGE: Minimum age of 16 or older
TRAINING REQUIRED: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS:All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact the volunteer position start date
PHYSICAL TASKS/ENVIRONMENT:Physically capable of lifting heavy objects/boxes up to 20 pounds; Ability to push, pull, stand, kneel, bend, stoop, reach, climb, and carry on a frequent basis.
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, 2SLGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact Anjum Chauhan, Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please visit https://www.ywcahamilton.org/volunteer-with-us/ for more information.
- Greet and welcome YWCA Hamilton visitors, service recipients, volunteers, and staff in a courteous and professional manner as they approach the front desk
- Answer questions about the organization and provide callers with social and recreational resources and other information using proper telephone etiquette
- Process registrations such as health & wellness classes and handle all debit card, credit card, cheque, cash payment, and POS system
- Perform various administrative duties such as filing, faxing, scanning, photocopying, managing incoming and outgoing mails
- Operate a multiline switchboard, security camera, and overhead paging system for all departments and route calls to appropriate department or individual
- Perform a wide range of support requiring duties such as booking and scheduling rooms for meetings
- Ensure the safety of self and others; Report any hazards, serious concerns, or issues to the Front Desk Supervisor
- Assist Building Services team with other tasks as they arise
- Maintain tidiness and organization in the reception area
- Organized, punctual, empathetic, outgoing, reliable, non-judgmental, and able to listen/follow instructions
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have a Standard First Aid/CPR certificate
- Able to work with a variety of people; willing to take initiative; effectively multi-task and remain on task within a fast-paced environment
- Basic numeracy, literacy, measurement skills is an asset · Provide recent Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) within six (6) months at your own cost