YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
To deliver high quality fitness/wellness programs that reflect the needs of the members, participants, and community, while working in a team environment and upholding the YWCA’s vision, mission, and values.
- Deliver personal training services to members as scheduled
- Design personalized fitness programs for members.
- Lead a variety of group fitness classes as scheduled and/or assigned by Supervisor.
- Provide fitness consultations and lifestyle counseling to members.
- Instruct members on the safe and effective use of fitness centre equipment.
- Provide facility tours and encourage fitness membership sales, and market the program externally.
- Work co-operatively with all departments to ensure and maintain high quality programs and services
- Complete all general equipment-related tasks, as assigned, including whirlpool water testing, cleaning of equipment, and general equipment inspections.
- Know and adhere to all YWCA Human Resource and Health & Safety policies and procedures and to work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Know and apply the YWCA’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Must have Ontario Fitness Council (OFC) Group Fitness Leadership Certification or equivalent
- Certified Professional Trainers Network (CPTN) certification an Asset
- Specialized Group Fitness Certification that may include but not limited to: Pilates, Zumba and/or Yoga
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as group fitness leader able to teach a variety of classes that may include but not limited to: Aerobics, Step, Strength Training, Cycle, Kickboxing, Heart Beat, Bones Plus, Zumba and Aqua fitness
- Demonstrates commitment to health and wellness
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work various shifts of days, afternoon, evenings & weekends
- Computer skills an asset with preference of Microsoft Office
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive /anti-racist framework
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost
Health and Wellness Trainer
- May 22, 2019
- 0-15 hours per week
Health and Wellness
Supervisor, Health and Wellness
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.