Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Supports immigrant women and youth, directing and assisting them to navigate into the right program streams through YWCA and / or external services. Supports the IRCC staff team to ensure that newcomer women and youth are provided with comprehensive services they need to successfully integrate into the local community.
- Provides intake and assessment for newcomer women and youth who require the services at YWCA Hamilton
- Promotes the services at YWCA Hamilton to newcomer women and youth
- Responds to the requests of newcomer women and youth and ensures that they are streamed into the right channels for services based on their individual needs
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, Immigration and Settlement Services to develop appropriate intake forms and a strategy to refer clients to different services internally and externally as is necessary
- Ensures that there is an updated list of service providers in Hamilton for easy referral
- Maintains open communication with the manager and IRCC program staff to ensure that newcomer women and youth are provided with quality comprehensive and holistic services
- Shares information in a timely manner
- Maintains appropriate and accurate record keeping in accordance with YWCA’s policies and procedures
- Maintains high level of confidentiality/privacy when working with client information
- Participates in mandatory organizational and departmental training and meetings
- Understands emerging trends, leading practices, industry professional standards;
- Develops and nurtures meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships
- Supports YWCA’s mission, vision and values
- Performs other duties as required
- Completion of college diploma in Business Administration, Social Services or a related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in administration and client services preferably with immigrant women and youth
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work from a feminist, anti-racist/ anti-oppressive perspective
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset
- Strong skills using MS Office programs including Excel and Word
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional approach at all times
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters check or willing to obtain at own cost
- Must have current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate or willing to obtain at own cost
YWork For Us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, aquatic, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
- October 14, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- 37.5 hours per week
Employment & Training Services
Manager, Immigrant and Settlement Services
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.