Newcomer support for women, youth, gender-diverse folks to help you settle in Canada
YWCA Hamilton’s Join Program is a new immigration and settlement program designed specifically for newcomer women, youth and gender-diverse folks ages 15+. The purpose of Join is to help you settle in your community in every way possible.
From employment counseling and job search support to accessing child care and safe spaces, Join addresses all aspects to support your settlement in Hamilton.
- get settled in your community
- prepare for work in Canada and find a job
- meet friends and make connections
- get counselling and supports
- find your people and a safe environment
Our YWCA Hamilton staff team are ready to support you!
In addition to the services mentioned above, our staff team will support you in providing Care for Newcommer Children (CNC) and will assist with transportation, translation and interpretation services.
Our staff speaks the following languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Arabic, Spanish, Somali
Find out if you’re eligible!
To participate in YWCA Hamilton’s Join Program, participants must:
- identify as a woman, gender-diverse or non-binary and;
- be a Permanent Resident, Protected Person/Convention Refugee, a Live-in Caregiver with an approved work permit or a Ukrainian National or their dependent in Canada.
Before joining us, participants must also provide one of the following documents as proof of residency status:
- Permanent Residence Card
- Landing Paper
- Work Permit for Live-in Caregivers
- Decision Letter for Permanent Residency or Refugee Status
We recognize that newcomer women, youth and gender-diverse folks may face additional barriers to settlement when arriving in a new community. The goal of YWCA Hamilton’s Join Program is to support you in settlement – in every way possible.
We know that in order to find work or to re-establish your career, you need support and child care. We know that to settle into your new community, you need to meet people and connect with local services and resources. We know that in order for you to thrive – you need to feel safe.
The Join Program looks at all aspects of what makes settlement and fully connecting in with your community successful. Then, we provide it.