Settlement Counselling Program
Meet our Settlement Counsellors and get help
If you are a newcomer identifying as a woman, gender-diverse or non-binary, and looking for support in your settlement journey, please connect with our Settlement Counsellors to provide a comprehensive range of services and support to help you settle in your new community.
Our Counsellors provide:
One-on-one and group settlement counselling on the topics related to housing, education, health
care, transportation, and more
Referrals to other community agencies and government services
Assistance in filling the forms and applications like:
- Ontario work and ODSP
- Social Insurance Number
- Daycare registration and subsidy
- PR card renewal
- Child tax benefits, and other income supports
- College & OSAP applications
- Citizenship application
- Ontario Health Card (OHIP)
- Other government forms/ applications
Assistance with making appointments and connecting with other services like:
- Doctors & dentists
- Driving test
- School enrolments
- Other related Services
Please note we only assist in filling the forms with the information you provide but do not advise or suggest anything on our own.
In-person services are available at 75 MacNab Street South Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We also partner with Munar Learning Centre to offer counselling services in Somali language for women identified immigrants and newcomers. Online support is also offered via telephone, MS Teams and Zoom.
Find out if you’re eligible
To participate in the Join Program, participants must:
- identify as a woman, non binary person or gender-diverse newcomer and,
- be selected by IRCC as a Permanent Resident, Protected Person/Convention Refugee or a Live-in Caregiver: Temporary Foreign Worker with an approved work permit
Ready to Join?
To register, complete our online application below.