Youth Employment Program
Taking your first steps in a new community
We provide female-identified newcomer youth employment-related services that help them build confidence, engage in meaningful learning opportunities and certified trainings, obtain and maintain their first job in Canada, achieve short to long-term education and career goals, and compete in the workforce.
Open to female-identifying, gender-diverse and nonbinary Newcomer youth between the age of 15-30 years. To be eligible, they must identify as Permanent Residents, Protected Persons/Convention Refugees, Live-in Caregivers or Ukrainian nationals/their dependents with valid work permits.
Service Delivery Method:
Our services are available online, in person, and over the phone. Call or email our counsellors to book an online or in-person appointment.
Core Employment Services
- One on One Employment Counselling
- Career Assessment
- Weekly Employment Related Workshops
- Information Sessions with Guest Speakers from Various Walks of Life
- Point Of Sale(POS)/Digital Cash Register Training
- Job Fairs with Top Employers in Hamilton and Area
Our employment workshops are centred on various topics inspired by newcomer youth. See examples below:
- Resume and Cover Letter writing
- Interview Skills
- Networking & Volunteering
- Digital Literacy & Social Media
- Developing Online Portfolios
- Applying for grants and scholarships
- Accessing the Hidden Job Market
- Canadian Workplace Culture & Communication
- Employer Expectations
- Employment Laws and Workers’ Rights
We assist our clients with free transportation, childminding, translation and interpretation services to make our programming accessible.
Ready to Join?
To register, complete our online application below.