YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
To instruct Red Cross swimming lessons, Aqua fitness, advanced aquatic courses; in addition to lifeguarding the swimming pool.
- Must have a valid National Lifeguard Service (NLS)
- Red Cross Instructors Certification required
- Have and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must be flexible and able to work various daytime, afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a diverse community setting
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive / anti-racist perspective
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost
- Bilingual English/French or other languages are an asset
- Advanced Aquatic/First Aid Certification (an asset – Lifesaving Society First Aid Instructor, NLS Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor trainer, Examiners)
- Aqua Fitness Certification as asset (Canadian Aquafit Leader Alliance)
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) training an asset
- Lifesaving Society Instructors Certification (an asset)
- Attend and participate in all YWCA Hamilton mandatory training
- March 21, 2019
- 0-15 hours per week
Health & Wellness
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.