YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
Key Function Areas:
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values
- Maintain and supervise a safe, neutral, child friendly environment for regularly scheduled evening and weekend visits/exchanges
- Adhere to the Best Practices Manual as set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General
- Create a written record of factual observations made during the visit and/or exchange
- Demonstrate empathy, understanding, excellent listening skills and maturity
- Conduct oneself with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Supervise the child participants at all times
- Intervene when necessary in visits/exchanges based on Centre policy
- Maintain a clean and tidy work and visitation environment;
- Attend relevant training and professional development opportunities
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments connected to the Supervised Access Center
- Attend and participate in team/staff and supervision meetings when required
- Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all YWCA Hamilton Health and Safety policies and procedures,
- Be familiar and adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety Insurance Board Act (WSIA), Human Rights and Employment Standards Act
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a valid post-secondary education in Social Work, Sociology, Child and Youth or working toward the completion of post-secondary education in a related field or combination of related work and academic experience;
- Knowledge of Family Law, Child and Family Services Act, domestic violence and its impact on families;
- Must have experience working with challenging and sensitive situations;
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and organizational skills;
- Have and demonstrate good judgment; must maintain the highest level of confidentiality;
- Must be able to work various shifts including afternoons, evenings & weekends;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Experience in working in a diverse community and setting;
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset;
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive /anti-racist perspective;
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must provide a valid current Vulnerable Sector Police Check and current Emergency First Aid or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Attend and participate in mandatory training such as but not limited to WHMIS, Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI).
- Work from a feminist and anti-oppressive/anti-racist perspective
Relief Family Access Worker
- February 22, 2019
- 3-14 Hours
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.