YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
In cooperation with program supervisor, full time staff and other part time and relief staff, will perform all duties and responsibilities in a productive, professional and cooperative manner which will contribute to the overall goals of the department and in keeping with general policies and guidelines of YWCA Hamilton. Ensure the physical and emotional well-being of individuals we support is maintained. Meet QAM Compliance and MCSS Legislation 299/10 Standards. Provide physical assistance/support as needed by individual in all areas of activities of daily living including but not limited to: physical lifting/transfers of residents, pushing/pulling mobility equipment/devices, bathing/toileting and hygiene routines, medication administration, meal preparation/feeding, chores/housekeeping, finances, socialization, recreation, and programming. All necessary administrative/documentation tasks are performed: client file documentation, implementation of behaviour support plans, behaviour data collection, daily logs, individual programming, checklists, chore lists, or other reports/tasks as assigned. Support services offered will maintain or increase individual’s independent living skills and personal growth.
- Must be able to work designated schedule as assigned
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost
- Attend and participate in all YWCA Hamilton mandatory training
- Must be willing to provide a pre- employment medical examination and annually thereafter
- Must have minimum college diploma in Social Service Worker (SSW) or currently enrolled in SSW program, Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Community Service Worker Diploma (CSW), Personal Support Worker Diploma (PSW)
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience in a residential group living setting
- Experience working with individuals who display challenging behaviours
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of community resources
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive/anti-racist perspective
- French Language Skills an Asset
Please Note: The physical demands of the role may include, but are not limited to lifting (up to 25 kg), bending, twisting, reaching, sitting or standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling, and moving constantly throughout the shift.
- May 2019
- Relief/On-Call, 0-15 hours per week
- Various day/afternoon/evening/ overnight shifts, weekday/ weekend/stat holidays. No guaranteed hours.
Various group home locations in Hamilton
$20.64 per hour
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.