Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Supervises unionized staff in multiple site locations providing high quality programs and services that facilitate community and social inclusion through meaningful activity, and provide supports with all aspects of activities of daily living. Services and programs are delivered through residential group living, supported independent living, community participation and Passport to adults with developmental disabilities. The Program Supervisor supports residential and community support programs that reflect the needs of the YWCA Hamilton participants and community, in keeping with the YWCA mission, vision and values while adhering to the YWCA policies and procedures and quality standards.
- In partnership with the Manager, provides leadership to Developmental Services at the YWCA Hamilton;
- Ensures the physical and emotional well-being of individuals are supported, maintained and ensures supports and services are provided utilizing a person-centered approach;
- Manages the development, planning, implementation and promotion of social inclusion and community participation for individuals in service as assigned through residential group living, supported independent living, community participation programs and Passport.
- Manages the implementation of Individual Support Plans (ISP), Behaviour Support Plans (BSP), protocols and professional recommendations;
- Provides leadership, orientation, regular supervision, on-going professional development opportunities for program staff;
- In cooperation with the Manager, manages the facilitation of intake, assessments and demission procedures for clients;
- Develops, implements, and monitors programs and services; consistently applies the standards and protocols of YWCA Hamilton;
- Administers and monitors the services and support programs for clients and staff;
- Monitors the safety and risks of all activities and programs and responds immediately to rectify any concerns, escalating to Manager as required;
- Provides accurate and timely reports as required, ensuring all Ministry and other reporting requirements are met; conducts audits to ensure compliance with YWCA standards;
- Assists with the marketing and promotion of Developmental Services’ programs, captures success stories, and testimonials and photographs, in collaboration with the department Managers and staff;
- Ensures Individual Support Plans (ISP)and ISP Reviews are accurately documented by assigned program staff for clients and the ISPs and Review adhere to MCCSS guidelines;
- Maintains accurate client/volunteer/staff records, statistics and produces reports for Manager as required; ensures written records/documentation are completed and maintained by program staff;
- Supports the Manager with budget planning and budget/expense monitoring, purchasing, invoicing, scheduling duties and payroll administration;
- Connects with current and potential community partners in order to develop new program initiatives and ensure YWCA’s interests are met;
- Responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling and coaching of all employees and volunteers/students related to the delivery of Developmental Services, including development and performance evaluation of staff and volunteers;
- Fosters a safe and healthy work environment; ensures employees comply with health, safety standards that meet or exceed legislated requirements;
- Represents the YWCA Hamilton and always maintains outstanding public relations skills and a professional image in the community;
- Nurtures and forms meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Works 37.50 hours per week; overtime as per YWCA Hamilton policies;
- Emergency On-Call for Assigned Program Sites Monday 7am-Friday 5pm;
- Rotating Weekend/Public Holiday On-Call Coverage;
- Vacation Coverage On-Call for Other Developmental Services Program Sites.
- Completion of 2 years’ college in social services or human services or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in social services, with a minimum of 2 years as a Supervisor with demonstrated leadership skills;
- Experience with Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) Compliance Standards/Quality Assurance Management (QAM) is an asset;
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR certificate or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to lead with a feminist, anti-racist / anti-oppressive perspective to day to day work and strategic planning;
- Ability to work a schedule that includes emergency and rotating on-call hours;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
YWork For Us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, aquatic, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
Residential Program Supervisor - Developmental Services
- March 17, 2020
- April 1, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- 37.5 hrs/wk
- Hamilton, ON
- Developmental Services
- Manager of Developmental Services
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.