The RISE Collective
RISE Collective is a youth-led collective that centres and amplifies the voices of young women, non-binary, and gender fluid youth in Hamilton.
What does it mean to RISE?
The RISE Collective consists of events, workshops, art and movement that is informed and led by youth which focus on four key themes:
- Reflect – Rest – Recharge
- Influence – Integrate – Imagine
- Sustain – Support – Strategize
- Engage – Empower – Educate.
The purpose of the program is to create holistic and intentional programming for all youth that empowers and engages.
Our workshops are free of charge and open to all youth. Upcoming workshops are centred on the following topics:
- Empowering to engage: launching RISE Collective. Introducing our aspirations and hearing from you.
- Online film screenings: tune in to the works of Black and Brown activists and grassroots, feminist organizing.
- Moving for the movement: move your body with guided practices to allow you to better show up for yourself and your community.
- Honour Collaging: Honour Black, Brown and Indigenous women and people of colour that have made real impact in Canada.
- Hear from Her: Join us for events focused on honouring and celebrating Black, Indigenous People of Colour with guest speakers
- Rise Up. Take Care: Get equipped with the tools you need to sustain your activism. Unpack the concept of self-care and what that looks like, for you.
- Rise Up. Skill Up: Acknowledge your strengths and build your skills to strengthen your networks and build community. Together, we’ll centre on trans-inclusive feminism, eco-feminism and environmental justice, challenging Islamophobia and bystander intervention.
- RISE Review: engage in the likes of Canadian feminist authors and participate in our RISE review with fellow members of the collective.
Ready to RISE?
Contact Ja’miil Millar, Youth Programs & Advocacy Coordinator at email@example.com or (905) 522-9922 ext. 134