The YWCA Hamilton Seniors Call & Connect Volunteer provides assistance to the (Seniors) Active Living Centre 55+ team, inclusive of: providing telephone calls to seniors, engaging in social discussions, offering resources and connections to community programs, and providing updates on current & upcoming YWCA programming for the MacNab/Putman Family YWCA facility. This is an in-person position at either the Putman Family YWCA or MacNab Street facility. Volunteers will act as a representative of YWCA Hamilton and follow the guidelines set by YWCA Hamilton in order to maintain a safe Covid-19 friendly experience for all visitors, residents, volunteers, service recipients, and staff. Please ensure you consider the position requirements of the role before applying for this opportunity.
POSITION TITLE: Seniors Call & Connect Volunteer
DEPARTMENT: Health & Wellness Programs
TERM OF POSITION: On an as needed basis
TIME COMMITMENT: 2-4 hours/week; 1-2 shifts/month; between 9 AM to 9 PM; flexible work schedule
AREAS OF INTEREST: Community Service, Customer Service, Sales, Reception
IDEAL FOR: 55+ Individuals
AGE: Minimum age of 55 or older
TRAINING REQUIRED: Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation & Pandemic Training – 2 hours, in-person orientation – 1 hour
HEALTH/VACCINATIONS:All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact the volunteer position start date
PHYSICAL TASKS/ENVIRONMENT: All applicants must be able to use a telephone, have clear communication skills (verbal & written), be able to use a computer is an asset (hand written documentation can be accommodated), office/administration environment.
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, 2SLGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact Anjum Chauhan, Community Engagement & Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please visit https://www.ywcahamilton.org/volunteer-with-us/ for more information.
- Greet YWCA Hamilton service recipients, volunteers and staff in a courteous, professional manner within the building and while on the telephone
- Answer questions about the organization and provide callers with social and recreational resources and other information using proper telephone etiquette
- Complete telephone log after each call to accurately update information provided to customer/member
- Answer research information about inquiries through computer, or log questions to request information from supervisor to later be provided to the caller
- Must maintain confidentiality of the conversations at all times, report any issues of concerns to the Supervisor, Health & Wellness – Seniors 55+ MacNab / Putman
- Ensure the safety of self and others; Report any hazards, serious concerns, or issues to the Supervisor, Health and Wellness – Seniors 55+ MacNab/ Putman
- Maintain tidiness and organization in the area
- Organized, Punctual, empathetic, outgoing, reliable, non-judgmental, and able to listen/follow instructions
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to carry on professional conversations and provide direction to caller
- Have experience with the older adult population
- Able to work with a variety of people; willing to take initiative; effectively multi-task and remain on task within a fast-paced environment
- Basic numeracy, literacy, measurement skills is an asset · Provide recent Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) within six (6) months at their own cost