YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
Work collaboratively with the Child Care Supervisor by ensuring the efficient daily operation and activity in an Early Learning and Licensed Child Care Centre. Plan and implement a quality program for children 18 months to 12 years based on the Emergent Curriculum, in keeping with the YWCA mission, vision and value and working in compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Must have knowledge and implements all aspects of the Child Care and Early Years Act, Child Care Manual, Playground Policy, Health and Safety Policy Manual, Human Resources Policy Manual
- Assist the classroom teacher with implementing the weekly program plans, meet individual and group needs according to YWCA philosophy
- Ensure classroom environment is kept neat and clean
- Support staff and classrooms as needed (staff breaks, programming time, etc.)
- Participate in all activities with the children
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with parents, co-workers, support staff, parents and community partners
- Appreciate the differences and sensitivities of each child
- Ensure all children have a positive and rewarding experience
- Provide vigilant supervision of all participants at all times and ensure safety and security of everyone;
- Must have knowledge and experience in Behaviour Management and Implementation of Individual Support Plan
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a valid Early Childhood Education Diploma and be registered in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in program planning for children
- Experience working in a diverse community or setting
- Experience in a licensed child care setting an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive /anti-racist perspective
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset
- Must have current Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Must provide a TB test, proof of Tetanus (within 10 years) and proof of MMR immunizations
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost
- Attend and participate in all YWCA Hamilton mandatory training
Supply Registered Early Childhood Educator
- February 27, 2019
- 0-14 hours per week
Hamilton, ON/Dunnville, ON
Supervisor, Children’s Programs
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton:
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.