Walk a Mile in Her Shoes – Your Impact
By registering and raising funds for Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, you’ll directly power life-changing and life-saving programs that combat homelessness and violence against women and children.
Your support will change and save lives. Here’s how:
- Survivors and their children of will receive safe, supportive housing when escaping violence;
- Survivors will access the individualized support they need to recover from trauma as a result of violence;
- Survivors will access a 12-week program to support them in rebuilding their lives, reaching their goals and securing long-term safe and affordable housing.
- Additional services accessed by women and their families range from YWCA Hamilton’s virtual health and wellness programs, employment and training services, children’s services, and volunteer opportunities.
- A client-centered approach is at the heart of everything we do. This means that customized plans are developed to meet women where they’re at and these plans can include everything from goal planning, skill building, employment and life skills support, to supportive counselling and crisis intervention.
Learn about the many ways to show your support of Walk a Mile in Her Shoes and get involved today!