Walk a Mile in Her Shoes – Your Impact
Funds raised from Walk a Mile in Her Shoes support life-changing and life-saving programs and services that combat issues of homelessness and violence against women and children.
Your support will change and save lives. Here’s how:
- Survivors and their children of will receive safe, supportive housing when escaping violence;
- Survivors will access the individualized support they need to recover from trauma as a result of violence;
- Survivors will access a 12-week program to support them in rebuilding their lives, reaching their goals and securing long-term safe and affordable housing.
- Additional services accessed by women and their families range from YWCA Hamilton’s health and wellness programs, our 55+ Active Living Centre, employment and training services, children’s services, and volunteer opportunities.
- A client-centered approach is at the heart of everything we do. This means that customized plans are developed to meet women where they’re at and these plans can include everything from goal planning, skill building, employment and life skills support, to supportive counselling and crisis intervention.
Learn about the many ways to show your support of Walk a Mile in Her Shoes and get involved today!