Volunteer to help YWCA Hamilton honour and celebrate changemakers within our Hamilton and Halton communities at the 2023 in-person Women of Distinction Awards Gala on March 2nd, 2023. Check in and meet with nominees, guests and sponsors, help ensure that they have an amazing experience! Answer questions about the event, support our auction and selfie wall booth.
POSITION TITLE: Women of Distinction Awards Gala Volunteer
TYPE: In-person, short-term
DEPARTMENT: Philanthropy & Communications
SUPERVISOR: Events & Community Fundraising Coordinator
TERM OF POSITION: Thursday, March 2nd, 2023, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum of 4.5 hours, up to 6.5 hours
AREAS OF INTEREST: Community Engagement, Customer Service, Sales, Fundraising
IDEAL FOR: Individuals, and Business/Community Group
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Substantiated medical and religious reasons to forego vaccination will need to be communicated and may impact volunteer position start date.
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage individuals from racialized and/or newcomer, gender diverse, non-binary and/or gender fluid, 2SLGBTQIA+, First Nation, Métis and Inuit, immigrant, refugee, BIPOC, and people living with disabilities to apply.
Please submit your intent to register by completing this form before February 10th, 2023. We thank all potential Women of Distinction Awards Gala Event Volunteers for applying, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact Anjum Chauhan, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit https://www.ywcahamilton.org/volunteer-with-us/ for more information. Please follow us at #WODHamiltonHalton
- Assist with set up and tear down of all event stations, i.e., Guest Check-In, Auction, Selfie Wall, Coat Check, etc.
- Greet all guests arriving at the event
- Manage our guest check-in experience, offer support to nominees, sponsors and guests. Help attendees to their tables, the selfie wall, or the auction area
- Help create a positive environment for guests at each station
- Share information with guests about the event, i.e., Our signature drink, an agenda for the evening
- Assist with auction item pick up at the end of the evening
- More details to be shared at our virtual Volunteer Orientatio
- We’ll provide you with training and a virtual orientation meeting to help prepare you for what to expect
- Self-directed online learning – YWCA Hamilton Orientation Training – 1 hour
- Optional support pre-event for auction item bundling and event supplies prep – minimum of 1 hour, up to 3 hours.